MAMA XI 164 (Kidyessos)
Funerary bomos of Apphia and family, Christians
- Type of monument:
- Funerary bomos.
- Güney (Kidyessos): by the new mosque.
- Whitish Dokimeian marble bomos, broken above, the lower end recut as a moulding. The shaft rough-picked, with smoothed panels for the inscription on front and left-hand faces. Inscription begins on front face (lines 1-6) and continues on left-hand face (lines 7-8); on the left-hand face, above the inscription, the base of a large incised cross.
- Ht. 0.74+; W. 0.28-0.30; Th. 0.27-0.28; letters 0.012-0.017.
- Squeeze; line drawing; MB notebook copy; photograph (1956/10).
- Second or third century AD.
Αφφια〚ς〛 Ἑρμῇ συνβί-
ῳ ζῶσα κὲ ἑαυτῇ κὲ
τοῖς τέκνοις αὐτοῖ-
ς Τροφίμῳ κὲ Ἑρμογᾷ
5κὲ Αὐξάνοντι τέκν[ο]-
ις γλυκυτάτοις ἐπο[ί]-
ησε μνήμης χάριν·
Apphia made this while still living for her husband Hermes and for herself and for the children themselves, Trophimos and Hermogas and Auxanon, sweetest children, in memoriam. Christians.