Ancient Prymnessos was situated at the modern village of Sülün (formerly Süğlün), 8km south of Afyon (mediaeval Akroinos) on the western flank of the Akar Çay (Kaystros) plain. The site of Prymnessos is marked by a large mound in the eastern part of the village. Inscriptions of Prymnessos are found in the neighbouring villages of Salar and Nuribey, and above all at Afyon. Ballance recorded three inscriptions at Sülün in 1955, one of which (MAMA XI 176) is of the first importance for our knowledge of imperial estates in the region.1
List of monuments from Prymnessos.
1. IGR IV 671-8; MAMA IV, p. x, and nos. 1-48; Robert 1980: 244-56; Waelkens 1986: 187, 198-200; Aulock 1987: 34-6, 117-21; TIB Phrygien 364-5, s.v. Prymnessos; Brixhe and Drew-Bear 2010.
© University of Oxford